|This Master Guide Specification has been established as an up-to-date inspection, preparation, repair and membrane coating system installation procedure for interior and exterior concrete and steel surfaces subject to immersion or non-immersion in aqueous environments and/or abrasion conditions.|
|A. Submit Manufacturer’s literature, certificates and samples in a single package to the Architect, Engineer or Owner in accordance with requirements specified in General Conditions and Division I, General Requirements.
B. Literature on the protective coating, as well as related repair materials, primers, sealers, sealant, reinforcement, etc. shall be submitted for review before work is started. Literature shall include material specification, physical properties (including ASTM and other test methods utilized), Manufacturer’s estimated application rate for required dry mil thickness, current application instructions, warnings or precautions and Material Safety Data Sheets.
C. Applicator’s Qualifications: Submit a copy of Approved Applicator letter and/or certificate as issued and signed by an Officer of the Manufacturer of the 100% solids elastomeric polyurethane coating system.
|A. Qualifications of Contractor
1. The Contractor shall be approved by the Coatings Manufacturer and shall have a minimum of three (3) years experience in the application of 100% solids elastomeric polyurethane coatings.
2. The Contractor shall provide a list of project references similar in nature to the one proposed.
B. Qualifications of Manufacturer
1. Manufacturer of the fluid applied 100% solids polyurethane coating system shall have a proven 10-year track record of successful installations utilizing 100% solids elastomeric polyurethane coating technology.
2. Manufacturer shall submit certification, signed by an Officer, that neither coal tar, highly aromatic hydrocarbons, Moca or fillers such as silica flour are used in the manufacture of any component of the elastomeric coating system.
3. Other Manufacturer’s products shall be considered for use only after submittal of product data files supporting full compliance with specifications herein. The Architect, Engineer or Owner reserves the right to reject substitution proposals should it be determined they do not provide all functions required for application.
4. Pre-bid Job Walk and Conference: The Contracting Officer shall conduct a pre-bid job walk and conference to review the drawings and specifications, as well as the procedure for on-site inspection and acceptance of the substrate and the coating system. Pertinent structural details that may require special attention shall be reviewed at this time. Contracting Officer’s requirements and limitations relating to the Contractor’s plan for coordination of the work of the various trades involved with the facility and its personnel shall also be covered.
|Product Delivery Storage & Handling|
|A. Delivery of Materials: Materials shall be delivered to the jobsite in original, sealed containers with labels legible and intact.
B. Storage of Materials: Materials shall be stored in an area specifically designated for that purpose, where temperatures will not be less than 50 F (10 C) or higher than 100 F (38 C).
C. Material Handling: Materials shall be handled and installed per Manufacturer’s instructions and all applicable health and safety regulatory agencies.
D. Damaged Materials: Contaminated, damaged or unsealed materials, or materials not conforming to the specified requirements shall not be used in the installation and shall be replaced at no additional cost to the Owner.
A. Install all materials in strict accordance with Manufacturer’s published safety and weather precautions.
|Field Quality Control|
A. The overall weather conditions, including surface temperature, surface moisture, ambient temperature, relative humidity and wind velocity shall be recorded by the Contractor, at designated time intervals, on the Daily Quality Control Report Form if so requested by the Architect, Engineer or Owner.
A. Biodegradable Cleaner: UNITED CLEANING CONCENTRATE (UCC), water-reducible non-phosphate cleaner as supplied by Coating Manufacturer for use in cleaning concrete and other substrates prior to coating.
|The components of the 100% solids polyurethane elastomer shall be tinted so that it is visually apparent to the applicator when they are properly proportioned and mixed. Color of the Part A component shall be black. Color of the Part B component shall be White. When properly proportioned and mixed, the resulting color shall be a (lint gray. Any deviation from the standard Flint Gray color shall be recognized as off-ratio material, and shall be removed, cleaned and recoated. Limited custom colors may also be selected as required.|
A. All surfaces shall be clean and dry, free from any existing coatings, sealers, dirt, grease, oil, pollution fallout, smoke, wax, form release agents, chemical contamination, latence, etc.
ELASTUFF 160 – 100% Solids Fluid Applied Elastomeric Polyurethane Coating System
A seamless, fluid-applied 100% polyurethane elastomer membrane system designed for application over concrete and/or steel surfaces. The coating system shall be a 1:1 ratio (A:B), fast set, 2-component hydrophobic polyurethane elastomer, containing no silica fillers or extenders. It shall have been tested and approved by an independent testing laboratory and shown to comply with Department of Health Services (DOHS) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Standards for leachates the Purgeable Priority Pollutant Analysis. Approved system shall be UNITED COATINGS' ELASTUFF 160 Concrete or Steel Coating System consisting of UNITED CLEANING CONCENTRATE (UCC), UNI-CRETE, UNI-TILE SEALER, UC-30 JOINT FABRIC and ELASTUFF 160 100% solids polyurethane elastomer.