|Generic Type||Modified Silicone|
|Color||See Master Color Card. Also available in custom colors.|
|Temperature Resistance Continuous||260 C|
|Volume Solids||41 percentage|
|Dry Film Thickness Per Coat||2.0 – 2.5 mils (50 – 62 microns)|
|Wet Film Thickness Per Coat||4.5 – 5.5 mils (112 – 137 microns)|
|Theoretical Coverage Per Gallon||659 mil. sq. ft. (15.7 sq. m./liter at 25 microns/liter)|
|Application Temperature at 50% RH||10 to 50 C|
50 to 120 F
|Drying Time to Touch at 50 F (10 C), 50% RH||2 – 3 hours|
|Drying Time to Recoat at 50 F (10 C), 50% RH||10 hours|
|Drying Time to Ship at 50 F (10 C), 50% RH||48 hours|
|Drying Time to Touch at 70 F (21 C), 50% RH||1 – 2 hours|
|Drying Time to Recoat at 70 F (21 C), 50% RH||8 – 10 hours|
|Drying Time to Ship at 70 F (21 C), 50% RH||24 hours|
|Weight Per Gallon||10.0 lb|
|Flash Point||27 C|
|Shelf Life||1 Year|
|Only thin Thurmalox 200 series coatings with Dampney 112 Thinner.|
Note: Use of other thinners not approved by Dampney may hinder product performance and void product warranty.
|Thoroughly flush spray equipment and hoses immediately after use with Dampney 100 Thinner. Dismantle spray equipment and clean parts, brushes and rollers with Dampney 100 Thinner.|
|Storage||Store in cool, dry place with temperature between 50 F and 100 F (10 C and 38 C). Keep container closed when not in use.|
Not Recommended For
1. To ensure optimum long-term coating system performance, surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, oil, grease, salts, welding flux, mill scale, rust, oxides, old paint, corrosion products or other foreign matter.
2. Remove all surface imperfections that will induce premature coating system failure. Chip or scrape off weld splatter. Grind down sharp and rough edges, gouges, and pits.
3. Abrasive blast surface per specification SSPC-SP 10, Near-White Blast Cleaning”, or per NACE Standard No. 2 to a profile depth of 1.5 – 2.0 mils minimum. Abrasive used in blasting should be selected carefully from materials of mesh size required to produce the desired anchor pattern.
4. If abrasive blasting is not permitted, prepare surface by power tool cleaning per SSPC-SP 11. Use 3M brand Heavy Duty Roto Peen”, type C flap wheel cleaning system mounted on an air-driven motor. This method will provide a surface equivalent to that provided by commercial blast cleaning per SSPC-SP 6, including the desired surface profile (anchor pattern).
5. Feather out all edges of adjacent painted surfaces after completion of surface preparation operations and prior to application of the first coat of paint.Stainless Steel
1. Surfaces must be clean and dry. Remove all oil, grease, soil, drawing and cutting compounds, and other foreign matter by methods outlined in Steel Structures Painting Council Specification SSPC-SP 1, “Solvent Cleaning”.
2. DO NOT USE CHLORINATED SOLVENTS ON STAINLESS STEEL SURFACES.
3. For large surface areas, steam clean with an alkaline detergent; follow by a steam or fresh water wash to remove detrimental residues.
4. For small surface areas, solvent wipe with Dampney 170 Thinner, a chloride free solvent, using proper procedures and precautions to minimize hazards.
|Mixing & Application Guidelines|
Redisperse any settled-out pigments by stirring with a paint paddle followed by thorough mixing to a uniform consistency with an explosion-proof or air-driven power mixer. Do not open containers until ready to use. Keep lid on container when not in use.Applications Guidelines
Surface temperature must be at least 5 F (3 C) above dew point.
Uninsulated Stainless Steel
Uninsulated Stainless Steel
|Conventional spray is the recommended method of application. However, Thurmalox 200 series coatings may also be applied by airless spray, brush or roller. Do not apply Thurmalox 200 series coatings in heavier films than specified since blistering may occur.|
Brush: Use only wooden-handled brush with short China bristles. Do not use synthetic-bristled brushes. Do not flood surface with coating. Brush out thoroughly, maintaining a continuous wet edge and uniform appearing paint film.
Roller: Use only wooden-handled roller with phenolic shank and core, and 1/4-3/8″ nap. Do not flood surface with coating. Roll out excess coating on a suitable, screened surface. Then roll out thoroughly, maintaining a continuous wet edge and uniform appearing paint film.
|Dry Time 70 F (21 C) 50% RH|
|Thurmalox 200 series coatings will air dry tack and thumb print free within 1-2 hours. Allow 8 hours dry time between coats. Allow 24 hours dry time prior to shipping and handling. Surfaces coated with Thurmalox 200 series coatings can be handled and shipped as long as shipping and handling procedures for thin-filmed systems are followed. Avoid mechanical abrasion during shipping and handling. Allow one hour solvent flash off period before placing into service.|
|WARNING! Flammable Liquid and Vapor. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Vapors may cause flash fire. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Use with adequate ventilation during mixing and application. Wear an appropriate, properly fitted organic vapor cartridge-type respirator (NIOSH approved) during and after application unless air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are below applicable limits. Follow respirator manufacturers directions for respirator use. Wash thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves, chemical safety goggles and impervious protective clothing. Use skin cream. In confined spaces use of a positive pressure supplied-air respirator (NIOSH approved) is required. Use explosion-proof lights and electrical equipment. Use only nonsparking tools and equipment. Wear conductive and nonsparking footwear. Make certain all electrical equipment is grounded. Observe all safety precautions and follow procedures described in OSHA regulations. See Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for complete precautionary and disposal information.|
If instructions and warnings cannot be strictly followed, do not use this product.
For industrial use only.
|Dampney protective coating products are expressly warranted to meet applicable technical and quality specifications. The technical data contained herein are accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notification. No warranty of current accuracy is hereby given or implied. User must contact Dampney to verify correctness before ordering. Dampney assumes no responsibility for coverage, performance or injuries resulting from handling or use and LIABILITY, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT. In no event will Dampney be responsible for consequential damages, except insofar as mandated by law. Dampney DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.|
Thurmalox 200 Series Air Dry Silicone Coatings
Heat Resistant to 500 F Standard and Custom Colors
Thurmalox 200 series coatings are single component heat resistant coatings based on modified silicone resins and thermally stable pigments. They are formulated specifically to protect metal surfaces operating to 500 F (260 C). For maximum corrosion protection prime metal surfaces with Thurmalox 210 modified silicone zinc dust heat and corrosion resistant primer and topcoat with Thurmalox 200 series. The 210 primer/200 series topcoat system provides outstanding adhesion, film integrity, color stability, corrosion, weathering, and thermal shock-resistance throughout this entire temperature range.
Thurmalox 200 series heat resistant coatings are available in a wide range of standard (see Master Color Card) and custom colors.
We have other products and systems of which we can Engineer to fit your application. Give us a call at 801-977-0508!